April was a packed month, with lots of great info, thinking and material gathered around intranets, SharePoint 2013, enterprise social networks, adoption strategies and more. In case you missed them, here are April's top posts.
Intranets 2012 - 16-18th May 2012, Sydney Australia
- Intranets 2012 is just two short weeks away. We've added more international speakers, including author Dion Hinchcliffe, to an already packed programme. If you haven't done so already, now is definitely the time to register!
2012 Intranet Innovation Awards
- The 2012 Intranet Innovation awards opened for submissions. What will this year bring? Social, mobile, something else? If you've done some interesting work in your business recently, why not think about entering? If you have any questions about how or what you might enter, contact us.
Enterprise Social Networks
- The Newsgator team held roadshow events in Melbourne and Sydney, with some great info and examples provided by CEO JB Holston and colleagues
- The first screenshot of Stockland's custom-designed SharePoint 2010 + Newsgator installation was published
- I published an article on selecting enterprise social network tools on the Step Two Designs site
Social tool adoption strategies
- Gordon Ross of Thoughtfarmer posted a comprehensive article on the theoretical side of social tool adoption, which, as was pointed out on Twitter, is also relevent to many other tools and business aspects too
- My colleague Marcus Dervin published a great article on 'Why going to work is like going back in time', on the Sydney Morning Herald site
Microsoft SharePoint 2013 & Office Wave 15
- April saw a large amount of SharePoint 2013 (or 'SharePoint 15') information appear, including two screenshots, at least one of which was deemed to be a mockup/fake
- Within the Newsgator event, Jon Barrett of Microsoft also provided some insight in to Microsoft's perspective on the new version's social capabilities, saying it will provide just a baseline set of capabilities
- I also mused about the value of the much-lauded (and opinion-polarising) metro user interface language within SharePoint 2013, and whether it will be any good at all
May is also set to be an incredibly busy month, especially with Intranets2012 happening. Stay tuned for the best insights and discussions from the conference, and no doubt many more things that will unfold in the next 30 days or so.