It’s now just one week until Intranets2012 in Sydney. While everyone is keen to attend, we know it can be hard to get out of the office, particularly in the middle of a big intranet project.
Intranets2012 will, however, help your current project to succeed (and to succeed in big way!). This are just a few reasons for making time, even in a busy schedule:
- Steal design ideas from other projects. With a pile of real-world case studies across a range of technology platforms, there will be heaps of screenshots to get ideas from. (We’ve included a pile of 20min fast-paced slots specifically to showcase more sites.)
- Avoid others’ mistakes. Intranet projects are complex, and it’s not too late to tweak approaches even mid-stream, based on lessons learnt from other projects.
- Get answers to burning questions. With 100+ intranet professionals in the room, this is a great chance to get further input on the topics that have the team (and stakeholders) stuck.
- Hunt down resources that can be reused. By swapping business cards and making connections, intranet teams can make friends that will often be happy to share the work they’ve already done, saving hours or days of effort.
- Launch with a bang. Several of the talks will be specifically exploring how to launch (or relaunch) an intranet to get the greatest impact.
Six steps to get the most from Intranets2012
Follow these simple steps to get the greatest benefits from the conference:
- Write down a list of questions you want answered. Also include a list of screenshots and design elements you want to see and explore.
- Pick the talks that match your needs. With two streams of talks, there’s plenty to choose from, whether day-to-day practicalities or future thinking.
- Approach the speakers after their talks. And ask more in-depth questions that relate to your specific circumstances. (We have friendly speakers, who love to chat.)
- Seek out fellow participants who can help. Use your questions as discussion-starters during the breaks, and at the social event.
- Make connections. By meeting other teams, you can follow up interesting discussions after the conference to help solve your project challenges.
- Register for a post-conference workshop. These drill down into key topics, such as intranet design and governance, giving you practical techniques and outcomes that you can apply immediately.
Register now to help your intranet project run smoothly and successfully.